JOBS & VOLUNTEER
Current Job Opportunities
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Job Opportunity: Communications & Outreach Manager
Part-Time (To Start)
Nest Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to ending all forms of child sexual exploitation and trafficking and our work has evolved from the documentary film PLAYGROUND: The Child Sex Trade in America (directed by Libby Spears and produced by George Clooney, Steven Soderbergh, and Abby Disney). Nest currently focuses on developing and teaching curricula that empower youth in the face of sexual exploitation. Learn more: nestfoundation.org. We are currently seeking a Communications & Outreach Manager for Nest.
The Communications & Outreach Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing and public relations plans, and maintenance and growth of our websites and social media channels. In addition, this person in this position is responsible for the management and coordination of all our special events. The position would begin on a part-time, contract basis.
This role is best suited for someone who is an out-of-the-box thinker, takes initiative, brings in new ideas, isn’t afraid to experiment, and has demonstrated examples of successful execution.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Director of Programs to plan, implement, and follow-up all events and workshops.
- Coordinate event logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising, and collateral material design, production and distribution.
- Develop and implement marketing plans and materials.
- Write, submit, and follow up to ensure placement on press releases and stories to established contacts with local and regional media.
- Maintain and develop our websites.
- Maintain and broaden social networking to benefit Nest.
- Create and execute social media strategy and establish milestones and metrics to measure success.
Candidate must be available for the event dates and weeks leading up to the events.
Other Skills & Abilities
- The ideal candidate will be career-minded, and energetic, with an interest in building the organization from its current foundations.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and self-directed, and able to work in a without direct supervision.
- The successful candidate must have an interest and commitment to Nest's mission.
- The position requires computer proficiency, including demonstrated skills in word processing, web site maintenance (squarespace and wix), social media, and other computer software, including (but not limited to) Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and the ability to learn web design and management computer programs. Graphic design skills are a plus. We utilize google apps/google drive for most of our work.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write professional emails, articles, posts, and press releases.
- Comfortable and competent in making presentations to groups.
- Great communicator, problem-solver, boot-strapper.
We are based in Los Angeles but are expanding programs to San Francisco, New York, Portland (OR), Austin, Dallas, and Houston so applicants from these areas would be preferred.
- Send cover letter and resume to jobs[at]nestfoundation.org.
- Please put COMMUNICATIONS in the subject line.
- Our small staff will only be able to respond to those candidates moving to the next stage.
Volunteer Opportunity: Administrative and Data Support (Short-Term)
Nest Foundation is looking for a detail-oriented, tech-savvy, experienced volunteer to help us measure our progress. We are currently piloting a sexual violence prevention curriculum in high schools and need help entering survey data into google spreadsheets to prepare it for analysis.
* Reviewing paper surveys and inputting data into a digital format (using google forms)
* Supporting us with small administrative tasks if interest/skills align.
* Helping with data entry of paper sign-ups for Nest newsletter after events etc.
Note that volunteers in this position:
* Must pay careful attention to detail
* Must take pride in work
* Must value accuracy
* Must be confident with data entry
* Must be able to provide at least one reference
* Must be comfortable working independently
- This position can serve to give someone just starting out space to innovate and improve our processes or someone with years of experience could significantly contribute to our work by helping us complete our evaluations.
- Letters of recommendation and references can be provided after serving committed amount of time.
Duration & Hours: We are asking for 4-6 hours per week and a 2 to 3 month commitment but are flexible.
Schedule: can be discussed during interview
Location: Nest Foundation Office, Larchmont Village, Los Angeles
Required Experience: High School Diploma or professional experience. Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Please send your resume to email@example.com
• Please include SURVEYS VOLUNTEER in your subject line.
Nest Foundation Employment Non-Discrimination Policy
The continued success of Nest Foundation depends heavily on its effort to effectively utilize the talents of all qualified people. Therefore, Nest Foundation prohibits employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, military discharge status, citizenship status or source of income or any other protected status. All employment decisions are based on 1) individual merit, qualifications and competence as they relate to a particular position and 2) promotion of the principle of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action.